Get ready to amp up your staycation experience as Hilton finally opens its flagship brand, Hilton Manila, to the Philippine market!
Written by Vida Gabe
PHOTOS COURTESY OF VIDA GABE AND HILTON MANILA
Hilton Manila is officially open to the public. In a launch held last October 24, Hilton formally launched the flagship brand, which is conveniently located within the premises of the Resort World Manila complex, just across the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3.
“The opening of Hilton Manila celebrates our commitment to being the most hospitable company in the world, combining renowned Hilton hospitality with the genuine warmth of Filipino service,” said Simon McGrath, Hilton Manila General Manager.
Paul Hutton, Vice President of Operations for Hilton in Southeast Asia added, “The opening of Hilton Manila marks a strategic milestone for Hilton as we celebrate the entry into a key market within South East Asia. It speaks to the growth opportunities we see in the Philippines, and we are entering the city at a great time when we’re witnessing some of the strongest tourism growth, with an all-time high of foreign visitors into the Philippines in the first half of 2018. We look forward to enhancing the guest experience and playing an integral role in defining the hospitality landscape here in the Philippines.”
Hilton Manila is the second property of the global Hilton Group in the country. The first was Conrad Manila, which opened in June 2016 at the SM Mall of Asia complex. The Hilton Group is planning to open a third Hilton property in Clark, Pampanga in mid-2019.
Travel with Purpose
During a press conference held at the launch, McGrath also emphasized the hotel’s commitment to sustainable tourism citing the hotel’s various initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint through their Travel with Purpose program. “We’ve really looked at procurement of everything that we place in the rooms because, obviously, there are a lot of usable commodities,” he said. Among the initiatives that McGrath mentioned was the hotel’s ban on single-use plastics such as straws and water bottles as well as a partnership with the Don Bosco Technical Institute of Makati to focus on soap recycling.
Finally, meeting professionals and event organizers are invited to book socially and environmentally responsible meetings through Hilton’s Meet with Purpose program, which encourages mindful meeting, mindful eating, and mindful being.
HILTON MANILA’S DINING OUTLETS
Headed by Executive Chef Dennis Leslie, who has more than 20 years of food & beverage experience, Hilton Manila will bring new and exciting flavors to the Philippines food scene with the following dining outlets:
- Madison Lounge & Bar, located at the lobby entrance and reminiscent of New York City’s dining scene. It offers artisanal coffee and a sumptuous grab-and-go selection available during the day and exquisite cocktails, premium wines and bar bites in the evening.
- Hua Ting, located on the second floor, introduces modern Shanghainese cuisine, using traditional recipes and locally sourced ingredients, in a casual yet upscale setting.
- Kusina, an all-day dining restaurant that serves Filipino cuisine with a focus on fresh seafood cooked “dampa-style”, classic Filipino recipes with a twist, as well as international staples at its interactive buffet stations.
- Port Bar, the perfect place to relish pre- or post-dinner drinks, brings in the finest range of craft beers, premium whiskies, cognacs and dark rums from around the world. The bartenders are also known for whipping up creative takes on classic cocktails.
- Freestyle Pool Bar, where guests can enjoy a light bite and expertly concocted cocktails by the poolside.
AT A GLANCE
- 357 guest rooms and suites
- 3 signature restaurants and 2 bars
- 6 meetings and events spaces, including the Ballroom
- Facilities: Resort-style free-form pool, Executive Lounge, 24-hour Fitness Centre, kids’ play areas
- Digital Check-in/keyless entry for Hilton Honors members
- Direct access to and from NAIA Terminal 3 via Runway Manila’s fully air-conditioned pedestrian skybridge
To celebrate the opening of Hilton Manila, members of Hilton Honors (Hilton’s guest-loyalty and rewards program) will earn an additional 1,000 points per night – valid to those availing the hotel’s Best Available Rate – for stays from November 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019.
Hilton Manila is located at 1 Newport Boulevard, Newport City, Pasay, Manila. For more information, visit www.hiltonmanila.com or call +63 2 239 7788.