Plus, get a chance to meet the YouTube star and avail of exciting travel deals to Taipei
PHOTOS COURTESY OF JAMILLE DOMINGO
ADDITIONAL PHOTOS COURTESY OF TAIPEI ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL OFFICE IN THE PHILIPPINES (TECO)
Taiwan has long recognized that Filipinos are an important tourism market. According to recent statistics from Taiwan Ministry of Transportation and Communications Tourism Bureau, there was a massive 44% tourist increase in 2018 for Pinoy travelers, the highest growth among other Southeast Asian countries.
This year, Taipei’s Department of Information and Tourism together with the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines plan to keep the momentum going as they invited Filipino-Canadian YouTube star Mikey Bustos in their product launch held on June 14 at the Makati Diamond Residences.
Entitled “I Showed My Parents Taipei”, the latest, catchy song from Mikey is meant to have people dancing and craving more of Taipei. Mikey, who was also last year’s spokesperson for Taipei travel, said that making this new video entailed visiting different locations and different foods that he hadn’t seen or sampled before. “The most interesting part is in the Beitou Hot Spring, because there is a comfortable spring pool in the room. We also tasted tea served in a whisky glass in a hipster tea bar. It was a relaxing experience full of surprises,” he said.
Yi-ting Liu, the Department of Information and Tourism commissioner, says the decision to invite Mikey Bustos again is because last year, he wrote the lyrics for the song “My New Crushie,” which broke a record of a million views in major social networking websites. “Here’s the deal. Feel free to share and forward the video and we’ll offer a free air ticket from the Philippines to Taiwan to a lucky winner when the music video collects over 300,000 views,” he said.
The Department of Information and Tourism also showcased Taipei’s authentic and classic dishes at the product launch. The participating outlets include breakfast shop Zhenfang (which presented their Taiwanese-styled omelet and fresh milk tea combo), spicy hotpot chain Mantanghung (which shared their Sichuan-styled beef-dried noodle), souvenir shop BRAVO!BEAR (which offered their mango shortcake by Taiwan’s leading pastry maker Kuo Yuan Ye), Jin Jin Dessert (which showcased their their honey citron aiyu jelly, unique sugar, and grass jelly and milk, one of Filipinos’ favorite tea shops), and Cha FOR TEA (well-known for their signature 913 pearl milk tea and honey green tea).
Online travel experience provider Klook also offered an exclusive Taipei experience set, including Taipei’s double-decker sightseeing bus and a stay at the city’s trendiest hotels.
Eva Air, on the other hand, has collaborated with certain travel agencies to launch a package that starts at USD127 per person (about NTD4000), available for sale in the Philippines beginning June 14.
A meet-and-greet with Mikey Bustos will also be held on June 15 at the Glorietta Mall to further promote “I Showed My Parents Taipei”, as well as showcase more of what Taipei has to offer. Exciting deals and lucky draws await guests as well.
Check out the new song here:
For more information, phone Tourism Department Division, Dept. of Information and Tourism at (+886 2) 272 08889 ext. 6902 or 7562
KLOOK Promotion Details:
- Taipei Travel Online Campaign Deals (Valid from June 16 to July 30, 2019)
- PHP 150 (USD3) off on all Taipei Activities with a minimum spend of P3000 (USD57)
- 10% off on Taipei Unlimited Fun Pass
- 10% off on Taipei 101 Observatory E-ticket
- 10% off on Taipei Double-Decker Sightseeing Bus
2. Taipei Travel E-Voucher: KLOOK X EVA AIR (Limited Quantity 3000, Valid from June 14 to December 31, 2019)
- Reserve Taipei & Philippines roundtrip ticket via Eva Air to get the best deals! PHP250 (USD5) off on all Taipei Activities with a minimum spend of PHP 3000 (USD57)
3. Consumer Event Deals on June 15, 2019, Activity Center, Glorietta
- 10% off on all Taipei Activities; Max discount of PHP 400 (USD8)
- 10% off on Taiwan High Speed Rail
- Buy 2 Get 1 Taipei Unlimited Fun Pass
- Buy 2 Get 1 Taipei 101 Observatory E-ticket
- Buy 2 Get 1 Taipei Double-Decker Sightseeing Bus ticket
Estimated USD prices are based on mid-market rates and subject to change, and provided for informational purposes only.